Friday 13 July 2012

The night before (or morning of) the start of my food safari around the world

Well, it is here - 1:20 am on 14 July 2012 - the day I start my big trip across 4 continents!  I must say I am deliriously tired (and may regret writing my first post at 1:20am in the morning!!) but I have been telling everyone this blog is on its way for weeks and I'm excited to say it's officially up and running!

I still haven't packed (yep, exactly 14 hours till I need to be at the airport and not a thing in my backpack!) nothing like a dash to the finish line but I know I'll get there!  Courtney and I fly out 6:30pm tomorrow and touch down in Caracus, Venezuela at 1:30pm on Sunday, 15 July (VE day/time)... which I think is approximately 2:30am Monday, 16 July (Sydney time).

I could not be more excited about this first leg of the trip and think it's a brilliant way to jump straight into this big food safari around the world!  Not sure how much internet connection I'm going to have over the next few days, but as soon as I do, I'll post up some pix and info from all we find in Venezuela :-)

Adios mi amigos... hasta luego!!

Jo

2 comments:

  1. I'm really looking forward to following your blog Jo and learning a little along the way! Soak up all the amazing information and experiences. Most of all have fun and stay safe. Sarah xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your blog is going to be amazing.... So looking forward to following it...how food are blogs, I'm in the middle of writing quite a lot in mine,,

    Enjoy your trip Jo Jo, I can't wait to hear all about it, so excited for you on your adventure

    Take care, have fun, love you
    Bel

    ReplyDelete